Are you prepared for your Plan meeting?
We often hear from members that they’re nervous about their NDIS Plan meeting. We’ve recently written an article on this topic How do I know that plan management is right for me? After confirming that NDIS plan management is right for them we help them get plan ready, with Leap in!’s Plan meeting checklist.
Step 1: Decide on the details for your NDIS Plan meeting.
- What type of meeting you would like: face to face or over the phone?
- Where would you like to be for the meeting: in your house, in your Local Area Coordinator’s office or somewhere else?
- If you have a preferred time for the meeting: morning, afternoon or evening?
- Who would you like to be involved in your Plan meeting: a family member, close friend, your partner or a person who supports you? It should be someone you know and trust.
- Do you need communication or assistive aids for the meeting?
- Do you need a translator?
Step 2: For your Plan meeting.
Use this guide below for helpful information to take to your meeting – you may not need all of these or have other ones you’d like to include as well.
1. Leap in! Plan Ready Summary
- View, print or share this summary that you can find on the menu of the My Profile section in the app.
2. Do you have any of the following assessments or reports?
- Diagnosis from specialists
- Home modification assessment
- Medication charts
- Mental health reports
- Care needs assessments
- Occupational therapist and speech pathologist reports
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Incontinence assessments and management plans
- Physical condition/accessibility needs.
3. Your community and mainstream supports
- Current support plan from your service provider/s listing all supports
- List of ‘drop in’ support services
- Quote from provider/s for supports or equipment that you would like covered in your new NDIS Plan (this isn’t compulsory, however can help during your meeting)
- All your unpaid/unfunded supports from family and friends and supports from community groups are included in the Crew section of the Leap in! app.
If this article raises some more important questions that you’d like some answers to, please give Leap in! a call on 1300 05 78 78. We’re here to help you get started on your NDIS journey with the proper NDIS pre-planning.