Is your NDIS Plan still the right fit?
A lot can happen in a year so it’s good to make sure that you have the right mix of services to support you.
If your NDIS Plan isn’t supporting you the way it should, or your circumstances change, there are things that you can do to make sure it helps you to achieve your goals and the life you want to live.
What is a Plan Review meeting?
The timing for your NDIS Plan Review meeting depends on the length of your plan. The majority of plans are reviewed annually however we do see plans of both shorter and longer duration.
The NDIS will contact you 6 weeks before your Plan Review is due to organise a meeting. You can chose to have the meeting face-to-face or over the phone and a family member or friend can attend with you.
If you haven’t heard from the NDIS within 6 weeks of your plan expiry date, call them direct on 1800 800 110.
Getting ready for a Plan Review meeting.
Preparing for your Plan Review meeting is a great time to check that your support services are helping you to achieve your goals.
We’re seeing great outcomes from Leap in! members who prepare in advance and are ready with all the information they need.
Things you can organise before your Plan Review meeting:
- Review and update your My Profile section on the Leap in! app to make sure your Plan Ready Summary contains the latest information about your needs, goals and supports
- Assessments and reports from service providers showing how your supports and services are helping you to achieve your goals
- Recommendations from service providers for services you might need in the future
- A copy of your most recent statement from Leap in! showing how your budget has been spent
- A phone or tablet with the Leap in! app, so you can reference what funds you have spent, allocated or not spent, as well as progress on your goals.
We recommend thinking about…
- What worked well in your last plan?
- What didn’t work well?
- What goals did you achieve or take steps towards achieving?
- Which goals do you need to continue to work towards?
- What would help you to achieve your goals?
- Why will you need NDIS help in the future?
- Have your circumstances changed?
- Are you happy with how your plan funding is being managed?
Making changes before your 12 month Plan Review.
1. Change of circumstances.
Be sure to let the NDIS know of any changes in your life that may affect the way your NDIS Plan works for you.
A change of circumstances can include:
- Changes to your living arrangements
- Changes to your disability needs
- Changes to your employment
- Changes to the care or support provided by family and friends.
2. Applying for a review
If you are unhappy with your NDIS Plan, you can apply for a “Review of a reviewable decision” in the first 90 days. The internal review can be requested by phone, in writing or in person.
After you have requested a review, someone from the NDIA who wasn’t involved in your Plan Meeting will take a closer look at the issue or issues you raise.
The NDIA staff member may:
- Keep the decision the same
- Decide to make some changes
- Come to a completely new decision.
If you are still unhappy with the decision, you can apply to have it reviewed by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal that works separately to the NDIA.
Leap in! can help you.
If you want any more information on how to make changes to your NDIS Plan, contact the Leap in! Crew.