Core supports fund everyday activities.
There are four budgets in this category:
- Assistance with Daily Life
- Assistance with Social and Community Participation
Capital supports fund equipment, assistive technology, home modifications and vehicle modifications. The NDIS is very specific in what this funding can be used for and it must be used as it is allocated.
The budgets in this category are:
- Assistive technology (AT) covers any device that allows you to do something that you wouldn’t be able to do without it or increases the ease or safety of things you do including vehicle modifications.
- Home modifications are any changes you need to make to the structure, layout or fittings of your home to ensure you can move around safely.
Capacity Building supports.
The Capacity Building category funds activities that will support you to learn new skills. These skills may help you achieve your goals such as living more independently, finding a job, or getting help with NDIS plan management.
There are nine budgets under NDIS Capacity Building funding:
- Support Coordination
- Improved Living Arrangements (ILO)
- Increased Social and Community Participation
- Finding and Keeping a Job
- Improved Relationships
- Improved Health and Wellbeing
- Improved Learning
- Improved Life Choices (includes plan management)
- Improved Daily Living
Find out more about Capacity Building supports.
Leap in! can work through each budget with you and help you to get the most out of all three.