Here at the Leap in! HQ, we get asked a lot of questions.
We get it. Understanding how to get the NDIS to work for you can be complicated. Luckily, we’re here to help.
Two of this week’s most asked questions have been:
What types of supports are funded by the NDIS?
Your NDIS Plan will be individual to you and for your life. The types of supports that the NDIS may fund include:
- daily personal activities
- transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities
- workplace help to allow you to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
- therapeutic supports including behaviour support
- help with household tasks to allow you to maintain your home environment
- help by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
- home modification design and construction
- mobility equipment
- vehicle modifications.
What doesn’t the NDIS cover?
NDIS funding doesn’t cover general everyday living expenses such as train travel, rent, groceries, mobile phone or movie tickets.
Leap in! have already gone into detail about two key NDIS terms related to support: In-kind supports and Stated supports. So, make sure you read up if you want to know more about what the NDIS can help you with.