The National Continence Helpline (1800 33 00 66) is staffed by Nurse Continence Specialists who offer free and confidential information, advice and support to people affected by incontinence. They also provide a wide range of continence-related resources and referrals to local services.
The Helpline also provides information about:
- the assessment and diagnosis of incontinence
- treatment options
- management - including product information and advice
- information about funding schemes to assist people with the costs of continence products
- details of local continence service providers, product suppliers and manufacturers
- details of related funding schemes such as the Australian Government's Continence Aids Payment Scheme
- access to a wide range of free information brochures, including brochures in languages other than English.