Any physiotherapy treatment plan to get you back to 100% will be based around a diagnosis of the injury taking into account your lifestyle, activities, and general health.
Our Physiotherapists in Adelaide are experts in movement and function and use hands on therapies to assist their patients in their journey from injury back to full function and health.
The following are common treatment methods physiotherapists may use:
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- Soft tissue mobilisation (massage) Acupuncture / dry needling
- Muscle re-education to improve control
- Physio Group exercise
- Home exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Postural education and fitting of braces and splints
- 1 on 1 exercise
As first contact practitioners, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to see a Physiotherapist. Physiotherapists, doctors, and other health professionals will often work as part of a team to plan and manage treatment for a specific condition.