- Functional home assessment to facilitate independence in daily living
- Education on safe and efficient ways to perform daily task
Equipment/ Assistive Technology (AT) prescription
- Assessment of functional needs to determine suitable equipment, such as:
- Pressure relieving /pressure redistribution equipment, e.g. pressure redistribution cushions and mattresses for the management of pressure ulcers
- Transfer aids, e.g. hoists
- Bathroom equipment, e.g. mobile shower commodes, shower chairs and toilet frames
- Smaller household aids, e.g. adaptive cutlery
- Wheelchair and seating assessment
- Personal response systems, e.g. Medi-Alert systems
- Educating clients, families and carers on the use of specialised equipment, safe transferring and positioning.
- Advice regarding practical and cost effective home modifications, e.g. hand rail positioning, installation of ramps and chair raisers.
- Liaison with contractors to ensure clients needs are completely addressed
- Complex Home Modification (CHM) assessment and reports for complex modifications such as accessible bathroom modifications for disability access.
- Ergonomic assessment and modifications
- Task simplification, energy conservation and joint protection education
- Advice regarding falls prevention and safety in the home.
- Relaxation and pain management
Our organisation supports:
Culturally and linguistically diverse people
Diagnoses and conditions:
Acquired Brain Injury
Deafness and hearing loss
Global development delay
Motor Neurone Disease
Other intellectual/learning conditions
Other – physical
Service types our organisation supports:
Brisbane - South
Brisbane - West