PlayTalkRead provide Australia-wide tele-practice paediatric speech pathology services.
Research has shown that tele-practice can be an effective therapy model for most children and their families. With the right mix of experience and preparation, PlayTalkRead can provide paediatric tele-practice services to regional and remote areas where families may find it difficult to find experienced therapists.
PlayTalkRead has delivered hundreds of hours of NDIS funded therapy sessions through tele-practice, and developed a model that is both fully effective and works well for children and their families.
PlayTalkRead provide the full suite of paediatric speech pathology services:
- one-one one therapy
- parent and carer education and training
- liaising with schools and preschools
- diagnostic services and assessments
- preparation of formal reports and plans to achieve NDIS goals How does tele-practice work with kids?
- provide tele-practice consultations with children and parents through video conferencing
- the first meeting is free to ensure tele-practice is suitable for each child and their parents
- flexible with technology, but I find the free video chat options Zoom works best
- provide services for self-managed and plan-managed (but currently not NDIS managed)
- charge the standard NDIS base rate based on your region