At Leap in! we
- Educate our crew about their obligations to protect your personal information
- Require our crew members to use passwords when accessing our systems
- Monitor and protect systems to prevent and detect any unauthorised access to our systems
- Require monitoring and mandatory data breach notification from any solution partners, including our infrastructure providers
- When we transmit data between our Leap in! app and other parts of our platform, we use 128-bit AES encryption, protected through the use of the 128-bit Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol (this is a similar level of protection used by Amazon and Google for their services)
- Beyond the copy on your own device, all personally identifiable information is stored securely onshore in Australia
- When information we hold is identified as no longer needed to deliver services to you, we ensure it is effectively and securely destroyed, deleted or de-identified.