Using the Leap in! app to prepare for your NDIS Plan meeting.
Share, email, or print this story.
In our last update, we explored the My Profile section of the Leap in! app and how to use it to help you prepare for your next NDIS Plan meeting.
In the second article of the series, today we will look at the remaining sections of My Profile and how they all come together to tell your story in one place.
If you missed the first article in the series, read it now – Using the Leap in! app to prepare for your NDIS Plan meeting.
In the Home section you can quickly and easily record the type of home you live in, who you live with and whether you have any home modifications. Once these sections are completed, you will see a summary such as “I live in a house with my family. All up I live with 3 people.”
Top Tip: Use this section to start thinking about possible goals and supports you might need:
- Am I happy with where I live?
- Would I like to be more independent? (This might include how you can become more independent at your current home or perhaps move out of home.)
- Who helps me at home? Don’t forget to include family members or friends!
- How could I meet my goals with the help of paid supports or changes around the house?
where you keep all the details of the people who are important to you.
The Crew section can capture information about your family, friends, community groups, paid support workers, health professionals and anyone else who assists you.
Click on “Add crew” and complete all the fields such as the person’s name, organisation and relationship to you. Add their contact details such as phone number and email address so you can contact them if necessary.
Top Tip: When you add crew members you can also invite them to see or contribute to sections of your profile. You can fully customise what each member of your crew can see such as access to your profile, documents or NDIS-related financial information.
Keeping track of your supports is made easy by this section of the app. Split into categories like ‘communication, ‘employment and ‘transport’, you can easily record all the details you need such as:
- Supports you use
- Days and times that you use each support
- Whether you want to keep, change or stop the support
- Crew members who deliver your supports
- The cost of each support.
The app prompts you to complete each step so you have a record of your current supports and those that will help you achieve your goals ready for your next NDIS Plan meeting. Too easy!
The NDIS provides funding for supports that are reasonable and necessary, related to your disability and that help you live your best life.
The chance of your funding being approved is greatly increased if the supports you request help you to achieve your goals.
Here at Leap in! HQ, members often tell us that they don’t know where to start with goal setting. That’s why we developed a handy resource inside the Leap in! app that has hundreds of different goal ideas.
Here’s how to use it:
- Go to the My Goals section of the app and select Add a new goal.
- On the Goal Detail page, enter your own goal or choose one of the options we have already included. Goals more relevant to you will appear if you have included your Life Stage and Disability in the About Me section (under My Profile).
- Save your goal and then use the supports section of the app to plan the supports you need to achieve that goal.
- Update your progress each step of the way.
Give yourself a big thumbs-up when you have completed your goal, then set your next goal.
See an example of the Goals section below:
You’ve completed the details in the app. What’s next?
Once you have completed the My Profile section of the Leap in! app, you’ll be more prepared for your next NDIS Plan meeting with all your important information in one place.
Don’t forget to print your plan summary before your meeting. Go to the More section of the app, select My Plan Summary to print or share your summary via email. You can also find our handy NDIS Plan meeting checklist in this section.
If you need help with any aspect of the Leap in! app, call 1300 05 78 78 to speak with a member of the Leap in! Crew.