Equine Resolutions has been supporting individuals from at-risk youth through to service veterans for over five years. EQUINE RESOLUTIONS has experience in both ongoing, weekly support as well as high intensity programs that support change in individuals, families and support teams.
It is used for a wide variety of disabling issues, including:
- Substance Abuse
- Depression and Anxiety
- Asperger's and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Social Skills and Communication
- Couples and Family
- Boundary Setting
- Team Building and& Leadership
- teen and adolescent transition into adulthood.
Horses are remarkably intuitive, able to read human moods and intentions very accurately through body language, energy and emotion. Horses accept people into their space by reading emotions and energies that the individual is projecting. Interacting with a horse allows the individual to explore issues such as boundary-setting, personal space and self-worth. Additionally, the way horses respond to the individual provides crucial insight into their own emotions, attitudes and behaviours. This in turn leads to improved understanding of how to bring about effective change. Most significantly and powerfully, the individual is able to achieve this understanding for themselves.
- Understanding and improving emotional regulation
- Understand anger and skills development
- Conflict resolution
- Team building
- Couples intervention