We respect your privacy.
Leap in! respects your right to privacy and we understand that you want to know about how we manage the confidentiality and security of the information you might provide in the course of your dealings with us. We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our all of our members, partners, app users and website visitors and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
An important part of our commitment to proactively ensuring your privacy, is our strict adherence to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. Detailed information on the Australian Privacy Principles can be access through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website.
How we collect your personal information.
Personal information is information we hold that is identifiable as being about you.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our app or website and when we provide our services to you.
In order to access the Leap in! app and establish an Account, users will be asked to provide
- their first name, preferred name and surname
- an email address (which need not make any reference to the user’s actual name)
- select an eight-character password
Security for your personal information.
- Educate our team about their obligations to protect your personal information
- Require our team members use passwords when accessing our systems
- Monitor and protect systems to prevent and detect any unauthorised access to our systems
- Require monitoring and mandatory data breach notification from any solution partners, including our infrastructure providers
- When we transmit data between our Leap in! app and other parts of our platform, we use 128-bit AES encryption, protected through the use of the 128-bit Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol (this is a similar level of protection used by Amazon and Google for their services)
- Beyond the copy on your own device, all personally identifiable information is stored securely onshore in Australia
- When information we hold is identified as no longer needed to deliver services to you, we ensure it is effectively and securely destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
Once you have signed up to the Leap in! app and established an Account, this information may be used to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
As part of the Leap in! Plan Ready service, we also collect additional information including but not limited to your date of birth, telephone number, address, disability type, life-stage, support crew, current supports and provider details and your goals in preparation for your NDIS planning meeting or review meeting. If you engage Leap in! as your Plan Manager, with your permission we will access your NDIS plan and associated details financial and service delivery details (including information about a health service provided, or to be provided to you) in order to provide you with open, transparent and consultative plan management services.
We may also collect information when you provide feedback, when you provide other information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information (for co-payment payment purposes only), or communicate with our Leap in! crew.
The information Leap in! collects from you or about your use of the Leap in! service is dependent on how you access and use the facilities we offer.
We take the security of this information very seriously and are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
You control the access to your personal information.
Leap in! is a multi-party information sharing platform designed to capture the information required for a NDIS planning or review meeting and to facilitate a connected and optimised experience between Members and supports and service providers.
After creating an Account, a Member creates a Leap in! profile. As part of their profile a Member can add a person to their Crew and determine the level of access this Crew member can have to their personal information. The access levels are:
- No access
- Access to individual areas at specific levels:
- My profile No access | Read only | Access to edit
- My documents No access | Read only | Access to edit
- My finances No access | Read only | Access to edit
- Full access and allow the person to make decisions on my behalf
If full access is provided and the person is deemed to be a Decision Maker, Leap in! may contact this person about the Member’s account and this person can invite other people to have access to the Member’s account. A full access Crew member may also receive Leap in! notifications on behalf of or in conjunction with the Member.
Use of your personal information.
We may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- To provide you with information you request about us or the products or services we offer through the Leap in! service
- To provide information to persons expressly authorised by you
- To manage the Leap in! service (including your Account)
- To provide products or services you request from time to time
- To determine and notify you of what products or services (including third party products and services) we consider are likely to be of most interest to you
- To process and obtain payment for any products or services you order from us through the Leap in! service
- To understand how you use the Leap in! service and to help us improve the Leap in! service, our marketing and the way we do business
- If necessary, to verify your identity, and
- To contact you for direct marketing and promotional purposes including providing you with information about new products or services, events and special offers, unless you tell us that you do not wish to receive this type of information.
We may use your data and any personal information which you have provided us to enhance the service we are providing you. Leap in! may use anonymous and aggregated data from our customers and disclose this in a non-personally identifiable manner to third parties, including:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes such as how many users clicked on their advertisement
- Users of the Leap in! service in order to provide them benchmarks for comparing themselves against the broader Leap in! community
We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, video calls, SMS or mail.
Leap in! takes all reasonable steps to allow you control over your data. You may cancel your Account by emailing us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Account will be disconnected immediately and we will disconnect any connection with your Account information we have established. Leap in! reserves the right to use any aggregated and anonymous data derived from your utilisation of the service to this point. This data cannot identify you in any way.
Disclosure of your personal information.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
Leap in! may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to allow them to provide the good and/or services you have requested and to government agencies who provide funding for those goods and/or services.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
You can access your personal information held by Leap in!
Leap in! seeks to ensure that the information it holds about you is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. If you learn that personal information that Leap in! holds about you is inaccurate, not to date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you should contact Leap in! so we can promptly correct it.
If you wish to see what information Leap in! holds about you, you can check your Account on the Leap in! app. This will contain almost all of the information that Leap in! maintains about you. If you think that we may have additional personal information, you can ask to access that information, please email us at email@example.com.
Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and if this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
Complaints about privacy.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please send us details of your complaint addressed to the General Manager, Leap in! Australia Limited, Level 18, 12 Creek Street, Brisbane Queensland 4000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate the complaint and provide you with a written response (which could include email) as soon as we can and normally within 30 days from the date you first contacted us.
Direct communications from Leap in!
Your digital footprint.
When you visit our Leap in! app and websites (www.leapin.com.au and www.leapin.org.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our app and websites, such that we can improve our service.
We use “cookies” in order to provide you with the best online experience possible and to identify you on return visits. Cookies are very small files which are sent and stored in your web browser on your device’s hard drive. Leap in! may access these to understand more about your preferences in order to deliver a more relevant experience. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to reject cookies by changing your browser settings.
Third party sites.
The Leap in! app may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Leap in! does not recommend or endorse those other websites or the products and services provided on those sites. Leap in! is not responsible for the condition or content of those websites as Leap in! does not have control over those websites. Leap in! makes no representations about the accuracy of any information contained on any other websites and is not responsible for any loss arising directly or indirectly from you using, assessing or attempting to access those websites.
Some of the Leap in! service may display advertisements and promotions and you hereby agree that Leap in! may place such advertising and promotions on the Leap in! app or website or on, about or in conjunction with your content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice.
Our commitment to a better digital experience.
Leap in! is committed to providing you with a better online experience and more personalised services and endeavour to do so as technology evolves and new products become available.