Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation can coordinate different providers for our Aboriginal community and clients, ensuring that the needs of disabled Aboriginal people in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven area are met in a culturally safe and appropriate way.
Support Coordinators can help people with a disability and their carers by:
- Helping you to identify the best services and supports available.
- Assisting you to coordinate your services and other supports.
- Assisting you to resolve areas of conflict with providers.
- Providing support, guidance and solutions when needed.
- Providing training and support so that you can manage budgets and deal directly with service providers.
- Monitoring your NDIS plan outcomes and providing reports back to the NDIA and assisting you to prepare for plan reviews.