We often work with participants in complex situations. Our aim is to assess and support people to balance their life with leisure. This can help with adjustment to disability, improved self-confidence and independence through participation in chosen quality community based recreation and leisure options, often leading to increased social networks and potential friendships.
- We are an innovative team of professionals with unique skills and experience to support people with disabilities to pursue and develop their interests regarding recreation and leisure. We assess and support individual choice and aim to address all areas of a person’s recreation, leisure and social needs.
- We assess and explore recreation, leisure and social options based on individual interests, skill level and future potential abilities.
- Many options are offered including individual activities, group activity, both mainstream and/or specialised programs where appropriate.
- We recognise that all people have individual needs and encourage independence.
- We also acknowledge that all people change over time as do their recreational and leisure needs. We set up trials of chosen activities and provide support in setting up for successful ongoing participation.
- We work with people and assess all aspects of a holiday, to enable them to go on the holiday of their choice within their budget and with appropriate support. This might involve going away with 1:1 support, joining group mainstream and disability specific holidays with support if needed, also some with shared support.