Local Area Coordination.
Local Area Coordinators work with people with disability and their families. The LAC can help you to understand and access the NDIS and link you to information and support in your community. LACs have three key roles:
- Link you to the NDIS
- Link you to information and support in the community, and
- Work with your local community to make sure it is more welcoming and inclusive for people with disability.
If you are eligible for NDIS funded supports we can help you to: create your first plan; put your NDIS plan into action; and review your plan.
Mission Australia delivers LAC services in:
- Queensland - Cairns
- South Australia - Limestone Coast, Murray and Mallee, Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island, Southern Adelaide and, Eyre Western and Far North Service Areas
- Tasmania - South East and North West
- Western Australia - North East Metro, South East Metro and Central North Metro
Early Childhood Early Intervention.
ECEI services support children aged 0-6 years who have a developmental delay or disability and their families/carers. We support families to help children develop the skills they need to take part in daily activities and achieve the best possible outcomes throughout their life.
You can contact us if concerns about your child’s development have been identified. As every child is different, we will tailor support to your child’s individual needs and circumstances. We will provide you with information and may also:
- Connect you and your child with the most appropriate supports in their local area.