The staff at We Rock the Spectrum Kids Gyms are comprised of the most caring, understanding and energetic people around. We have a host of staffers and volunteers who come to us in order to assist our gym and its goal of aiding children with special needs in growing beyond the expectations of doctors and therapists.
Often a therapist for a child with special needs will attend the gym with the children in order to observe and provide their therapy while using the equipment in our gym. This allows kids the access they want to the amazing equipment while the therapist is able to take advantage of the support and availability of the staff and equipment which might not be present in other settings.
Our gym includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination