Here at Leap in! HQ, we understand that grasping all the ins-and-outs of the NDIS can be confusing. The good news is you’re not alone and we’re here to help!
Today we thought we would bust some of the common myths we hear about plan management and give you the facts.
You have to be eligible to access Plan Management.
Every NDIS participant can access Plan Management and have funding for it included in their plan. The trick is to know that you need to ask for it in your plan meeting.
Plan Management costs a lot of money.
Plan Management doesn’t cost you anything. When you request Plan Management in your first plan meeting or subsequent review meetings, additional funding is included in your plan under ‘Improved Life Choices’ category to cover the costs.
It’s hard to get Plan Management funding because the NDIS will need you to explain why it’s needed.
Having Plan Management included in your plan is actually really easy. You simply need to request it, that’s it. Every NDIS participant has the right to have it included in their plan.
If you are uncertain or are finding it hard to request Plan Management, we can help you through the process.
If I ask for Plan Management, I’ll receive less funding in another support category to compensate for the cost.
Requesting to be Plan Managed will not affect your other funds. The NDIS will add additional funding for Plan Management.
I didn’t request to have Plan Management during my NDIS plan meeting so it’s too late.
If you already have your plan in place but didn’t request to be Plan managed, don’t worry. You can easily ask for a review of your plan to have it added. While this sounds scary, adding Plan Management to your plan is actually considered to be a very good reason to ask for a review because the NDIS cannot refuse a participants request to be Plan managed.
We can help you with a review request and the process to include Plan Management in your plan.
So, what are the benefits of being plan managed?
- You get all of the freedom of being self-managed but without having to worry about budgeting, recording keeping and paperwork (we do all of that for you)
- The NDIS adds extra funds to your plan to cover the cost of plan management
- Your invoice can go direct to your plan manager who coordinates claims and payments
- You still have complete control of your funds
- You can choose any provider to help you meet your goals (registered or not)
- You have the power to approve each payment from your plan to providers
- Billing issues and questions are resolved by you
- No book-keeping or financial tracking
- No upfront costs
- No separate bank account required
- No audits
There is a lot to take in but we can help you get the most out of your NDIS.
Call us on 1300 05 78 78 to have your questions answered, to book your free NDIS pre-planning session or sign up to Leap in! plan management today.