Happy New Year! 2019 is here.
Share, email, or print this story.
2019 is here!
The start of a new year is the perfect time to reflect on the year gone by and to think about what you’d like in the year ahead.
It’s a great time to think about your goals: the things you want to start, what you’d like to do more of, what you want to learn, what could you develop and what you want to achieve.
Best of all, deciding on your goals doesn’t have to be hard work.
Looking for ideas?
Our members often tell us that they have ‘never been asked before and don’t know where to start’ when it comes to setting goals.
To help, we’ve created a special section in the Leap in! app which has a huge list of Goals and Goal Steps that can be searched to provide you with inspiration. There’s also a template to help you write your own goals. Look in the My Profile section, under Goals and go to Add Goal.
Some goal suggestions for improving your day-to-day life might be:
- I would like to learn to drive so I can be more independent
- In 2019, I want to make new friends and be involved in more social activities
- I want to improve my health and have a weekly session with my local exercise physiologist
- I would like to find and keep a job, starting with getting someone to help me understand what type of work is best for me and how to go about finding it
- I would like to improve my relationships with my family
Or, you can call us.
If you’d like help getting your goals sorted one of our Plan Managers can help.
From Wednesday 2 January all of our crew will be back on deck after the public holiday and ready to help you get started with your goal setting.
Wishing you a happy new year for 2019 – we hope it is your best one so far! The Leap in! Crew