Budget areas explained: Assistance with Daily Life.
Every person living with a disability has different needs and requires different supports. The thing is, when it comes to NDIS funding and the different support categories, it can get a bit confusing. After all, there are a total of 15 support categories available!
Today, we’re going to look at the support category: Assistance with Daily Life.
Before we get started, if you’d like a little refresher on the 3 main budget categories: Core, Capital and Capacity Building supports, then check out our blog article NDIS Plan budget categories explained.
Now, let’s answer some common questions about Assistance with Daily Life…
What is Assistance with Daily Life?
Assistance with Daily Life is a support category under the Core supports budget category. It covers support with everyday personal activities that assist you to live as independently as possible at home and in the community.
Support types that you may be able to access under the Assistance with Daily Life in your NDIS Plan include:
- Assistance with daily personal activities
- Assistance with household tasks
- Assistance in shared living arrangements
- Supported Independent Living (SIL)
- Short Term Accommodation and Assistance (or respite).
Some specific examples may include:
- Help getting you ready for your day
- Support to help you get out and about in the community
- Help from someone to do household chores
- Help with food preparation and meals
- Support with health and fitness
- Assistance getting to appointments.
Will funding for Assistance with Daily Life be included in my Plan?
The need for assistance with daily life is assessed by the NDIS on a case-by-case basis. It will be included if it is decided to be a ‘reasonable and necessary’ support that meets your needs and will help you to achieve your goals.
That is just one more reason why it’s so important to be prepared for your Plan meeting!
We can help you.
Talk to us about the best way to prepare for your NDIS Plan or Plan Review meeting – we can make sure you have the very best chance of getting the help you need.